Archive for the ‘Why the internet was invented’ Category
Working on a longer post about the demise of Boston’s venerable WBCN and something about the lost last best opportunity for radio to make itself a vital portion of the music industry…. this should be up by tonite or tommorrow morning.
But in the meantime, two videos that are each sublime in their own, completely oppositional ways.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Second, from our friend Rodrigo Van Stoli of Noble Rot and Bang Camaro, a power ballad by the band Steel Panther that is completely NSFW for visuals and audios, but pretty funny for all the most base, childish reasons.
It was a few years ago at the Abbey Lounge. We came expecting a Joshe Henry concert, so we were surprised to see two grown men — Joshe and his bassist, Richard — take the stage in amazing DIY robot costumes (like the photo above, except with masks) and go on to perform a 40 minute set consisting of unemotional synthesizer drone music and wordless Sigur Rós-like falsetto vocals. At the end of their set, they began excitedly throwing individually wrapped gifts into the audience, which, when opened, yielded either a stack of coffee filters or slices of Wonder Bread.
These mysterious travelers, Joshe would later explain, were a band called Willoughby. They had come from a planet where time does not exist and explored the universe looking for a planet that would accept their music — they couldn’t find one, so they settled on Earth (Argentina, specifically).
I was an instant convert. Hopefully, after reading the following list — and downloading his album Gimmie Some More Cocaine (below) — you will be too.
Top 10 Joshe Henry Song Titles
10. Feeding You Bugs – from Joshe Henry vs. Crotche Henry (2007)
9. Disrobing Of An Elf – from The Deal Breaker (2007)
8. I’m Filling Your Hole Now – from Prisoner Of Hate (2006)
7. Puke-Cumber – from Non-Dairy Dreamer (2000)
6. You Can’t Make Love To A Redneck Girl – from The Double Eye Patch (2008)
5. Plant Training School – from Wet Sweatshirt Contest (1999)
4. Explore My House On Mushrooms – from Different Dimensions (2007)
3. It Burns When I Pee – from Right Now I Am Totally Fucked (2001)
2. Gimme Some More Cocaine – from Gimme Some More Cocaine (2006)
1. Why Do Billy Joel Keep Be Calling My House? – from Right Now I Am Totally Fucked (2001)
Download: Gimmie Some More Cocaine
Now you make your own list!